Steps towards healthful living

Monday, April 14, 2008

Stream of consciousness

I have so much in my head right now, I am going to use today's blog post to get it all out.

For the last two weeks, I have been in the "gathering" stage for my creativity. I have been scouring blogs, magazines, thrift stores, and antique stores. I have been avoiding all television and only listening to new music and podcasts on my IPOD. It has been intense to say the least but so much fun and necessary.

This week I am gearing up to use all the materials, thoughts and ideas I acquired. I can not wait and have so many plans. I work tonight late so will start fresh and early in the morning with my creative work. The ideas are literally running around in my head and I look forward to my days off work to hole up in my creative space and tire myself out executing my ideas.

These are some of the things I intend to do:

1. Finish a quilt for my niece who is very soon to become a big sister.

2. Make washclothes out of a freecycled outfit.

3. Make 8 ecology/nature postcards for a swap.

4. Make a shadow box for some adorable corn husk dolls.

5. Do some mending for my sister who is about to deliver a precious baby #2.

6. Begin to decorate an art journal.

7. Set up and organize an effective and user friendly swap-bot packaging center.

8. Unpack my summer clothes and see if they need any refashioning.

9. Return to my previous veggie diet and get back in the gym.

10. Return to my yoga and meditation practice.


Sounds pretty simple huh? I will keep you posted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Thanks for inspiring me to make a list myself. I love the renewal of Spring and being able to shake the old cobwebs out :). I hope you are able to accomplish all you want!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Sarah Newton said...

I love your list! I need to make one, too. Some of the things on your list are things that I also need to do like finish a few quilts in progress.
- Sarah (e2java)

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home