Steps towards healthful living

Monday, May 12, 2008

Appearances

"One should either be a work of art
or wear a work of art."
Oscar Wilde

I read this quote on another blog today and it sums up perfectly how I am feeling right now. For some reason in the last 6 months I have actually been interested in fashion and my appearance.

I have always been one to go for comfort and not style in a very unconscious way. As long as I was comfortable and my clothes and body were clean I was happy. I never felt frumpy or out of place but I am sure that I did appear that way.

I have always had a cute petite fiqure and I have never used it as the asset that it is. I am blessed to have the body that I do at 35 years old with a 14 year old son.

About 6 months ago I began to become aware of different styles and clothing that I was attracted to and liked. I continued to just marinade on that for months.

In the last month I have been in the "I want that" stage. I am beginning slowly but with confidence come into awareness that I do have or desire to have a style. Let me tell you, I am overjoyed by this.

I have not gone to the malls or department stores to shop for my clothes but have scoured through GoodWills and thrift stores. And let me tell you, I have found some awesome things. This has opened up a huge avenue for me to adorn or refashion my inexpensive clothes to be just right for me. I love this.

Life is good right now and as the time goes by I think my appearnce will reflect what I feel inside.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home